Friday, February 18, 2011

In the mean time...

I know I should be making the rainbow hat my friend has been asking for all winter but I came across this sailboat blanket pattern on Ravelry and just HAD to make it. Besides, the rainbow hat involves switching colors almost every round and I can't do that in class. This sailboat blanket pattern is easy to do in class and easy to carry around with me.

You can see my progress here:
http://ravel.me/hixsongirl/csabb

But since I've brought it up, I have a question. Do you think that it makes sense to pre-cut and tie the strips of yarn from the different colors for the rainbow hat? That way, I could just knit it straight and it would be kind of "self" striping. It might make bumps in the hat though with the knots... I don't know how I'll get that hat done if I can't carry it with me though!

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment