Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Illusion Knitting and Geometrics?

One thing I've been considering as I've searched for inspiration for my project is geometric designs. I was turned off to the idea because I've been more attracted to nature scenes. I think geometric patterns have been done a lot...but maybe I just feel that way because my Grandma gave me this book for Christmas:

I love the book and I do enjoy geometric patterns, like the ones I found on Woolly Thoughts but I'm not sure I want to join the craze.



The other thing that caught my eye on Woolly Thoughts was their illusion knitting. I also briefly considered trying to reconstruct a famous painting through stitches. I threw that idea out quickly because I don't think it's original enough for this class and also probably too ambitious for a less-than-a-semester long project. But they're fun to look at anyway :)



The search continues!

p.s. if anyone out there finds cool stuff that might inspire me, please send it my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment